Broadcaster / Journalist / Emcee / Singer
To use my creative journalism and communications skills to write and report news for television, radio, print or online that is of excellent quality, and that engagingly informs the audience.
“Back To Health Radio”, Elk Grove Village, IL. 01/14-present
Co-Host and Associate Producer
● Co-host "Back To Health Radio” which airs Saturdays at 9:30 a.m. on AM-1160 WYLL Radio.
● Inform listeners about the benefits of Upper Cervical Chiropractic Care. Interview guest callers.
Move listeners to schedule consultations and examinations at Barone Spinal Care & Performance. ● Meet with and secure show sponsors. Help write contract Agreements.
● Write program synopses and insert published articles onto B.T.H.R.'s Facebook page and website.
“Talking Truth With Roger Plummer”, Elk Grove Village, IL. 02/10-10/10
Creator, Executive Producer and Host
● Hosted the one-hour “Talking Truth with Roger Plummer” program which airs Saturdays, 7-8 p.m.
on AM-1160 WYLL Radio. Programs were fully paid for by sponsors that I secured and billed.
● Selected and researched political, cultural, economic, sports and entertainment news stories for
in-depth show segments. Topics ranged from Supreme Court to movies to illegal immigration.
● Interviewed in-studio and phone guests. Moderated in-studio debates. Interacted with callers.
Macy's, Northbrook, IL.
Sales Associate 11/09-present Seasonal Supervisor 08/13-02/14, 11/14-01/15
● Engage customers, suggest products and special offers to maximize revenue and customer service scores.
Earned 2010 and 2014 "Make Magic Award" for creating outstanding sales and customer service.
● Recover and reset sales inventory to the proper displays and racks.
● Operate cash registers. Count register monies at store openings and closings. Prepare currency
for sales deposits.
“Cathi Watson Show”, Elk Grove Village, IL. 01/09-09/10
Associate Producer and Co-Host
● Co-hosted the “Cathi Watson Show” which aired Saturdays, 2-3 a.m. on AM-1160 WYLL Radio.
● Selected and researched political, cultural, sports and entertainment news stories for the local,
national and international show segments.
● Co-interviewed in-studio guests such as Illinois State Senator Michael Noland [D.-22nd District] to
discuss ethics reform, impending legislation and upcoming elections.
AM-1160 WYLL Radio, Elk Grove Village, IL. 01/04-11/08
● Monitored 33 weekday programs and 57 weekend programs from local and national clients.
Corresponded and met with clients regarding programming content.
● Monitored and maintained all commercial, promotional and contest elements that aired on WYLL.
● Led weekly planning meetings with other department managers and directors.
● Produced and co-hosted programs.
● Assisted in the writing, voicing and production of commercials and promotional spots.
● Guest hosted for “Scott Thomas Show” and “Sandy Rios Show” which included presenting my
observations on news and topics, conducting guest interviews, and interacting with callers.
● Recorded clients in-studio programs using Cool Edit program and loaded produced content into
the NexGen broadcasting system.
● Scheduled the use of studios for recording of programs.
● Created “Ministry Of The Month” feature which spotlighted ministries through promos and liners
that I wrote, and were voiced by featured ministers.
Morning Host 11/98-11/08
● Obtained and edited 15 local and national programs via satellite and Internet for the "Morning
Ministries”, weekdays, 6-11 a.m.
● Voiced live, on-air intros/outros of programs, weather reports, contests and station promotions.
● Created “Roger’s Sports Spot” daily commentaries which were sponsored and produced revenue.
This new presence created WYLL alliances with new clients for listeners events for the Chicago
White Sox, Chicago Bears and Chicago Blackhawks.
● Created “Scripture Of The Day” which were sponsored and produced revenue.
● Hosted donor development campaigns for charities including Bible League, Far East Broad-
casting Company, Food For The Poor, and Operation Rescue, raising more than $100,000.
World Vision Coordinator 02/99-09/07
● Made daily appeals for the “Child A Day” international program. Recorded sponsorships and sent
them to World Vision. In two years, WYLL became the #1 World Vision radio station in the
United States. This partnership secured 2,600 sponsorships of impoverished children and
included my traveling to Nicaragua to meet one of my sponsored children.
Columbia College – Chicago, IL.
Bachelor of Arts, Broadcast Journalism.
● Graduated with Honors. (3.7/4.0 GPA) – May, 2006.
● Short film project featured in “Best of Tech I Showcase”. – October, 2003.
WBBM-AM (NewsRadio 78), Chicago, IL. 06/93-07/93
● Used Newstar system to record, update and catalog stories. Recorded satellite feeds onto carts
● Assistant Producer for “Smart Quiz” contests.
WGN-TV (Channel 9), Chicago, IL. 09/93-01/94 Intern
● Arranged and delivered scripts to the news anchors, director and TelePrompter operator.
● Answered phone calls from viewers and reporters while at Assignment Desk.
● Boxed and filed news tapes.
Salem Communications 07/03
● Interviewed players and celebrities in person for Major League Baseball All-Star Game in
Chicago, IL. for WYLL Chicago and WMCA New York.
East Maine School District 63, Des Plaines, IL. 04/05-05/09
● Attended monthly and special meetings to enact and review policies, made decisions on annual
budgets, and approved infrastructure enhancements for seven elementary schools.
● Ruled on disciplinary actions regarding students, faculty and staff.
Holy Vessel Baptist Church, Chicago, IL. 01/87-present
● Assist Pastor during service, including Scripture readings and announcements.
● Assist in baptisms and Holy Communion. Teach Baptism & New Members classes.
● Assist in Outreach services by securing food, clothing and shelter for church members and poor
people in the Hyde Park community.